I am excited to be able to combine my loves of running and nature when I run the 2019 Chicago Marathon. I am fundraising for World Wildlife Fund with a goal of $1500. Here’s some additional information on WWF.
WWF’s Mission: To conserve nature and reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.
WWF’s work is organized around six areas:
They have been dedicated to conservation efforts in 100 countries for over 60 years. Their method of working combines global reach with a foundation in science. It includes involvement at all levels from local to global. WWF is dedicated to discovering innovative solutions that meet the needs of both people and nature.
- Nepal nearly doubled its tiger population
- Congress passed a law that helps protect native grasslands of the US
- Mountain gorilla populations grew despite threats
- Moved one step closer to keeping trash and plastic out of our oceans
- Secured protections for the world’s largest tropical wetland
Interested in supporting my fundraising efforts for the 2019 Chicago Marathon? Head on over to my personal WWF Fundraising Page. Every donation, no matter how large or small, will make a difference for the planet! Thank you!